Stimulus Checks (Recovery Rebate Credit)
- If you are eligible but haven’t received the first and/or second stimulus check, you must file a 2020 tax return to receive your checks.
- You can claim the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit to recover money from the first and second rounds.
- Learn more about filing prior-year tax returns dito.
- If you are eligible for the third stimulus check but you haven’t received it, file a 2021 tax return to claim the 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit.
- The third round was worth up to $1,400 per person and $1,400 per eligible dependent of any age.
- Review the Recovery Rebate Credit frequently-asked questions on the IRS website.
- Use this decision tree to figure out if you should file a full return or a simplified return and how you can file your taxes for free online
- Learn more about the first two rounds of stimulus checks dito.
- Learn more about the third round of the stimulus checks dito.
If you’ve already filed taxes but didn’t claim the correct amount contact us for help.