The EITC was increased for the 2021 tax season!
- You can still be eligible even if you don’t normally file taxes.
- Eligible workers can qualify for a credit worth up to $1,502-$6,728 for 2021, claimed in 2022.
- Even if you have no children, you may be eligible. In fact, the EITC was expanded for 2021 to include more workers not claiming children.
- You can also receive the state Earned Income Credit when you file your Illinois state tax return. The Illinois credit is worth 18% of the Federal EITC. Beginning in 2022, the Illinois credit will be worth 20% of the Federal EITC.
- Use this EITC Eligibility Checker and check this EITC webpage to learn more about who is eligible.
- If you were eligible for the EITC for 2019, 2020, and/or 2021, it’s not too late to file your taxes to claim those credits.
- You have 3 years to claim a refund. Now that the filing deadline of April 18, 2022, has passed, you can no longer claim a refund from a 2018 return.
- Learn more about filing prior-year tax returns 点击此处.
- If you earned less money in 2020 or 2021 than you did in 2019, you are allowed to use your 2019 earnings to calculate your 2020 or 2021 EITC. Be sure to have your 2019 earnings total available when you file your 2020 or 2021 return.
If you’ve already filed taxes but didn’t claim the correct amount contact us for help.